Monday, April 9, 2012

Trending Tuesday - Kings of neon

























































































Over the past year I have found myself buying mostly neutrals and slowly but surely cultivating a 'grown up' wardrobe of beautiful basics in blacks, creams and whites. Enter the neon trend of spring/summer 2012 and all that monotone is just not cutting it for me anymore. I'm currently lusting over pops of neon brights as seen in collections by Sass and Bide (I was in Melbourne over the weekend and found myself in neon heaven in their store on Chapel Street) and Proenza Schouler. The great thing is you can instantly update your look by teaming neon accessories with your basics. Now I just need to get my ass back to South Africa to dig through my old boxes of clothes for all that neon I bought in London about three years ago - hmmm...

If you're looking to try this trend you can find some great neon accessories on asos or etsy or even spray paint your own old pieces like this clever young lady - stylealter

Images courtesy of google, tumblr, songofstyle, Misspeppervintage, shefinds, cravebykate, Liz Aubrey and Assad Mounsor.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I LOVE neon! Have just bought some neon underwear to show straps under a fresh white t slub cotton t shirt. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh nice! Asos have some great neon underwear at the moment too :)

    ReplyDelete