Thursday, April 5, 2012

Australia I salute you


















Because a lot of (if not all) of the people reading this blog will be friends and family based across the globe I wanted to do a montage around my ultimate fashion finds in Australia (all in order of appearance above and below.) They won't be news to people living here but I'm sure everyone else will enjoy discovering them as much as I did! x

1. Christine Centenera - This girl will get her own post (or many) as I LOVE her style and want her wardrobe. Fashion Ed at Harper's Bazaar Australia and she was asked to contribute creatively to Kanye West's fashion collection - enough said.
2. Sass and Bide - It's now a major international label and is one of Australia's most prominent fashion labels.The clothes are amaze balls. Check out their blog too - it's good.
3. Jess Hart - Again, an Aussie whose style I adore. You might remember her from a season of The City? She's got a gap tooth smile and a laid back, uber cool look. Check out her blog and her clothing range Neon Hart available at General Pants.
4. Camilla Franks- Only Aussies can make kaftans look chic. Camilla is the best kaftan designer there is and has a cult following. There is actually a Camilla store on the corner of my road in Bondi - the colours and sequins give me magpie syndrome...but you're looking at about $500 per kaftan - yikes.
5. The Bingle - Lara Bingle is another one of my Aussie style crushes. I actually met her brother while holidaying in Croatia a few years ago and I had no idea who she was until I moved here. She was is a tourism ad ages ago where she said "Where the bloody hell are ya?" which shot her to fame. She's had some tough times with the media lately but the girl's got great style, a backbone and she's gorgeous.
6. One Teaspoon - Ahhh denim shorts how I love thee. The brand does a range of clothing but their shorts are perfection.

 Images courtesy of google, russh, Sassi and Bide and frockshopstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment